The Ministry of Labour and Human Resources is interested to hire office spaces within Thimphu town. Interested building owners may offer the rates as indicated in the Terms and Condition. The bidder (s) should submit one original of the price quotation with the signed Terms and Condition and clearly mark as “original” and one copy marked as copy.
The quotation in a required format should be addressed and submitted to:
Ministry of Labour and Human Resources
The bid security of Nu. 20,000 (twenty thousand) only in the form of demand draft/ cash warrant/ bank guarantee must be submitted in the favor of Director, Directorate service, MoLHR with bid validity period of 60 days.
The sealed bid must be submitted to the procurement section, Directorate Services on or before 10 December 2018 by 2:00 PM and will be opened on the same day at 2:30 PM in the procurement office in the presence of bidder’s representative who wish to attend. Quotation by fax or electronic means is not acceptable.
Terms and Condition
The following terms and condition pertains to hire of Office Space for Ministry of Labour and Human Resources:
- The Office shall be hired by the Ministry of Labour and Human Resources to institute the Regional Office, Ministry of Labour and Human Resources, Thimphu.
- The required office space should have at least 6 rooms including conference hall.
- The allocated space should have total of 5 units of toilet and at least one toilet attached to one room.
2. Statement of Working Area
The house owner should be aware of the following requirements of the house hired:
- The office space should be within 1200-1300 sq/m.
- Water should be available for 24 hours.
- The area should be secure and pristine for the smooth working environment.
3. Duration and rate quoted for the space hired
- The office space shall be hired initially for a period of five (5) years and may be renewed thereafter upon mutual agreement between the parties.
- The quoted rate should be inclusive of all liable taxes of Royal Government of Bhutan.
4. The bid security shall be forfeited if the bidders withdraws the bid after closing of bid submission.
5. Successful bidder shall submit the performance security of 10% of the total bid valued at the time of signing the lease agreement.
The following criteria shall be considered by the evaluation committee for the purpose of evaluation:
- Location (near core Thimphu Town)
- Parking space allocation
- Security and safety within the allocated space
- Readiness facilities of internet, power, telephone line and electricity.
6. The access road to the building should be black topped.
7. The building offered to MoLHR as an office space should allocate minimum parking space of (ten) 10 cars. The parking space allocated shall be marked reserved for MoLHR.
8. The building offered should have minimum of 12 fixed telephone lines or distribution points for the MoLHR.
9. The building offered shall allow for installation of internet and telephone lines.
10. The intended start date of lease of office space will be from 1st January 2019 and the owner shall allow the occupancy of the building two days before 1.1.2019.
11. Major maintenance of the office space shall be carried out by the building owner upon written request of MoLHR within one week from the date of receipt of request.
12. During the initial three years of the contract agreement the building owner shall have no right, for whatever reason it may be, to require the MoLHR to vacate the building.
13. However, beyond the third year of occupancy of the building by the MoLHR, both the parties shall be require to serve minimum advance period of six month indicating their desire to terminate the lease agreement. Failing to serve six month notice by one party shall not be honored and accepted by other party and shall be considered as legally void.
14. Notwithstanding the Terms and Condition no.13. above in the event of force majeure, MoLHR reserves the right to vacate the office space before expiry of the lease agreement.
15. The advance amount or security deposit as per Tenancy act of Bhutan shall be refundable upon vacating the space.
16. The MoLHR shall pay monthly rent on or before 5th of following month.
17. The revision of the rent shall be done in accordance with Tenancy Act of Bhutan.
18. The rate shall be offered on the base of square meter and shall be comparable to the prevailing market rate assessed by MoLHR.
19. The MoLHR reserves the right to reject any or all offers without assigning any reasons thereof prior to signing of contract.
20. The governing law and forum of dispute resolution shall be the law of Kingdom of Bhutan.
Detailed information can be obtained from procurement section at telephone 02-333867 during office hours.