Announcement for Australia Awards Scholarship Commencing in 2020
(Applications are now open)
The Department of Employment and Human Resources (DoEHR), Ministry of Labour and Human Resources (MoLHR) is pleased to inform all interested and eligible Bhutanese under the purview of MoLHR (Sectors outside the preview of RCSC) that the online applications for the Australia Awards Scholarships commencing in January 2020 are now open and will close on 30 April 2019.
These scholarships are for study at Masters, Diploma and Certificate levels in Australia.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
I. The applicant for Masters Program should fulfill the following criteria:
1.Minimum three years of relevant work experience with the nominating agency/organization at the time of application;
2.Relevant qualification background; and,
3. Criteria’s as specified in the HRD Rules and Regulation for Non-Civil Service Sector 2018.
II. The applicants for Diploma/Certificate Level should fulfill following criteria:
1. Minimum one year of relevant work experience with the nominating agency/organization at the time of application;
2. Class XII passed; and,
3. Applicants for Hospitality courses should have basic relevant training on hospitality courses.
III. Documents required to be submitted for a nomination letter from DoEHR, MoLHR by all applicants:
1. Dully filled In-service HRD Form available here…
2. Attested academic transcripts and mark sheets (Degree only for Masters Applicant);
3. Attested academic transcripts and mark sheets (Class XII only for Diploma and Certificate Applicant);
4. Appointment letter/order from the nominating agency;
5. Valid Copy of CID;
6. Copy of Valid Security Clearance (online approved copy);and,
7. Audit clearance for the corporate sector and no due letter for private candidates from the nominating agencies.
Note: Additional documents may be asked from private sector employees such as a valid business license copy or tax clearance certificate or income statement of the employee for 1-3 years or all of these documents to validate employment with the nominating agency.
IV. Application Procedure:
i. First applicant is required to submit the above mentioned documents to the DoEHR,
MoLHR. The DoEHR will verify the documents and then provide a nomination letter to
the eligible applicant.
ii. Once applicant receives a nomination letter from DoEHR, MoLHR then applicant has to
apply online. For more information on eligibility criteria, fields of study, document
requirements and how to apply, visit www.australiaawardsbhutan.org. If you have any
queries, please email email@example.com or call the Australia
Awards – Bhutan office at (02) 331845 during office hours (Monday to Friday).
1. Nomination letter for Australia Awards Scholarships will be provided in accordance tosubmission of above required documents and as per the HRD Rules and Regulation for Non-Civil Service Sector 2018 of the MoLHR from 1 st February 2018 – 26 th April 2018.Failing to submit any of the above required documents will be denied issuance of Nomination Letter from DoEHR, MoLHR and applicant without nomination letter from DoEHR, MoLHR will not be eligible for the Australia Awards Scholarships.
2. Certificate and Diploma Level courses are available only in the field of Hospitality and Tourism.
3. Applicant must not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved.
4. Applicant must meet other criteria as specified in the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook and the University.
For further queries kindly contact HRSDD, DoEHR, MoLHR at 02-330419 during office hours.