Selection of Non-Consulting Services for:
Critical Skills Training (STEP-UP Project)
Project: Skills Training and Education Pathways Upgradation Project
As per the 12th FYP HRD Masterplan for the Economic Sectors (2018-23), Critical Skills Development has been identified as a key strategy to address youth unemployment in the 12th FYP Period.
Critical Skills is geared towards skilling young jobseekers entering the labour market and will seek to address skills shortage within the different sectors. Therefore, the Department of Employment and Human Resources (DEHR), Ministry of Labour and Human Resources (MoLHR) will be skilling a total of about 1000 youth in different critical skills area with support from Asian Development Bank (ADB) funded Skills Training and Education Pathways Up-gradation Project (STEP-UP). The skills areas will be identified in accordance with the labour market needs, and the 12th FYP HRD Masterplan and other key HRD/Workforce plan documents of the MoLHR.
The critical skills training will be implemented in partnership with different training providers registered with the Department of Occupation Standards (DOS), MoLHR. The program will have both aspects of institute based and industry based learning. Training providers will be responsible for all aspects of skilling, skills certification and employment facilitation post-skilling program.
The bid is sought for following skills areas:
|Training areas||Slots||Qualification requirement||Skills Level||Minimum BVQF requirement||Duration|
|Tailoring||30||Class X||Category B||NC-2||As per the TVET-Professional Service Division, Department of Technical Education (DTE) endorsed curriculum|
|Front Office||30||Class XII||Category C||NC-2|
|Food Production||30||Class X||Category A||NC-2|
|Animation||30||Class XII||Category B||NC-2|
- To impart industry-relevant skills and foster employment opportunities for Bhutanese jobseekers;
- To impart demand-responsive skills through partnership with registered training providers having collaboration with relevant industries;
- To ensure quality of skills delivery through ensuring compliance to the requirements under the Quality Management System (QMS) and accreditation.
Terms of Engagement
Following terms and conditions are mandatory features of this program:
- Training Service Providers participating under this program shall ensure employment for at least 50 percent of the job-seekers enrolled in the skill development program, which will be monitored and verified 3 months post completion of the training;
- Training Service Providers will be provided with financial incentive for enabling employment/ placement to the trained job-seekers over and above 70 percent, which will be monitored and verified 3 months post-completion of the training;
- Training Service Providers achieving placements/employment of less than 50 percent will not be eligible for participating in any skills delivery program (be it in-service or pre-service programs) implemented by MoLHR for a duration of 3 years after conclusion of the failed contract; and
- Training Service Providers shall have written MoU with relevant sector association (Eg: with Construction Association of Bhutan (CAB) for construction related programs, and likewise) or industry establishments for program design, program implementation (especially on on-the-job training support) and post-program delivery (employment facilitation).
Who Can Submit the Proposal?
- Registered training service providers with valid registration certificate (issued by DOS) and having valid trade license (issued by Ministry of Economic Affairs);
- Registered training service providers with QMS endorsement or certification issued by the DOS;
- Registered training service providers with courses registered by the DOS. However, training service provided will have to work towards accreditation of the course so that trainees are certified at NC-2 level;
- Registered training service providers with MoUs signed with relevant sector association and/or industry establishments, with working arrangements in the areas relevant to the proposed program, especially on industry based learning and employment facilitation;
- Registered training service providers with firm employment plan and placement assurance in the proposed area of skills program.
The Services include:
Regarding the full details of the assignment kindly refer to the following Documents:
- Terms of Reference (ToR)…
- Letter of Invitation – Lot 1 Tailoring…
- Request for Proposal Lot 1 – Tailoring…
- Letter of Invitation – Lot 2 Front Office…
- Request for Proposal Lot 2 – Front Office…
- Letter of Invitation – Lot 3 Food Production…
- Request for Proposal Lot 3 – Food Production…
- Letter of Invitation – Lot 4 Animation…
- Request for Proposal Lot 4 – Animation…
The Department of Employment and Human Resources, Ministry of Labour and Human Resources would like to invite proposals from the eligible registered private training providers. Further, interested and eligible training providers must provide the proposals as per the Terms of Reference and the clauses indicated in the respective Request for Proposals.
- Training firms/ institutes will be selected based on Quality and Cost Based Evaluation in accordance with the procedures set out in the Asian Development Bank Procurement Regulations 2017.
- The RFP must be sealed and delivered to the addresses mentioned in the RFP by no later than 1030 HRS (BST) on 22nd April 2019 and the same will be opened at 1100 HRS (same day).
Project Management Unit,
Ministry of Labour and Human Resources
Thongsel Lam PO BOX 1036
Interested eligible registered private training providers may contact Program Officer, HRSDD, DoEHR, MoLHR for any further information and queries from 0900 to 1700 hours during working days only at +975-02- 330419