The Regional Office, MoLHR – Gelephu has conducted vocational skills training to one armed force personal and 36 wives of IX Wing RBA and RBP Gelephu at Pelrithang that concluded on 7th Feb, 2017.
The training covered:
- Six months basic tailoring – 16 participants ( 1 male and 15 females.
- Three months basic hair and skin care – 8 participants (all females)
- Three months basic cooking – 5 participants (all females)
- Three months basic baking – 8 participants ( all females)
- Participnats training received certificates
The training was implemented in collaboration with Project HOPE, His Majesty’s Secretariat partially funded by Special Skills Development Program (SSDP).
The training was conducted mainly to:
- contribute in eliminating the poverty;
- enhance community participation in education and development activity;
- promote lifelong learning and sustainable development in the rural community;
- create greater independence of the community by enabling them to carryout construction and repair and maintenance works in the community;
- build capability and reduce dependency on skilled expatriate workers;
- discourage rural – urban migration;
- promote and revive Arts and Crafts through commercial activity;
- revitalize the relationship in the communities;
- facilitate the awareness programmers on HIV, Govt. Policies, Early Marriage etc.; and
disseminate the plans and programs of MoLHR