These objectives will be pursued through a departmental structure comprised of three divisions, as follows.
- The Employment Services Division which will focus on Operating three Employment Service Centers in various locations throughout the country, with an emphasis on service, efficiency and effectiveness. Matching job seekers and job vacancies through a registration system that makes maximum possible use of information technology. Administering special purpose programs in such areas as placing disabled persons in employment, work experience programs, and assisting unemployed youth. Contacting and visiting enterprises on a regular basis to market the services of the employment service centers. Organizing and conducting job fairs on a regular basis throughout the country. Advising school leavers, job seekers, and parents on career, job and training opportunities and on-line and self-service information facilities. Contacting and visiting schools on a regular basis to advise both teachers and students on employment opportunities. Preparing occupational dictionaries, training directories, and other mater ials to support guidance, counseling and placement activities.
- The Labor Market Information and Research Division which will focus on: Planning, organizing and conducting labor force surveys, and other surveys as appropriate, and collating and reporting on results. Coordinating the collection of labor and employment statistics from administrative records. Preparing manpower forecasts for particular sectors and occupational groups. Preparing and distributing statistical bulletins, reports, and narrative information on labor market trends. Resource requirements and operational arrangements The effective implementation of these strategies and activities involves the following operational arrangements and resource support to the Department and its three divisions. The appointment of the required number of officers, both men and women, throughout the country. Training for all officers, both initial and on going.
- The Entrepreneurship and Self-Employment Division which will focus on self employment through entrepreneurship related to creative industries like in services and manufacturing which will help to generate employment. The Division carries activities like training on entrepreneurship, workshop, seminars, refresher courses, impact assessment, tracer study, awareness and orientation on entrepreneurship, business idea competition, mentoring, monitoring and appraisal. The Division delivers 2 courses
- Basic Entrepreneurship Course (BEC)
The candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Should be within age bracket of 18 to 35 years
- Should have vocational/technical skill
- Should have a viable business idea
- Should be ready start business
- Should not have loan with any financial institutions
The duration of course is 30 working days including Saturday and it is done quarterly in a year.
The graduates of BEC are eligible for Credit Guarantee Scheme with loan ceiling of Nu.500,000 with possibility of additional Nu.500,000 based on the financial institution’s project evaluation on the feasibility. No collateral security is required. Rate of interest for Term loan @ 10% and working capital/overdraft @ 12% with a payback period of 5 years. Gestation period is from 1 month to 1 year.
- Comprehensive Entrepreneurship Course (CEC)
The candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
- Should be within the age bracket of 18 to 35 years
- Should have minimum qualification level Class XII
- Should have a viable business idea
- Should be ready to start business
- Should not have loan in any financial institutions
The duration of course is 40 working days including Saturday and it is done quarterly in a year.
The graduates of CEC are eligible for Credit Guarantee Scheme with loan ceiling of maximum Nu.1 million. Equity contribution of 85% of Term Loan will be paid by Financial Institutions and 15% of Term Loan will have to be contributed by promoter. Full working capital will be paid. Rate of interest for Term loan @ 10% and working capital/overdraft @ 12% with a payback period of years of 10 years. Gestation period is from 1 month to 1 year.
Outcome of 2 courses are to develop projected best business plan for possible financial support.
In the post financial support and business start-up the beneficiaries will be mentoring,
Monitoring and supervising business until self sustaining.
- Documents required Dully filled up registration form
- 1 no. of Citizenship Identity Card copy
- 1 no. of Security Clearance Certificates copy
- 1 no. of pass port size photo
- 1 set of Academic and skill certificate
For information contact
Entrepreneuship and Self-Employment Division
Ministry of Labour and Human Resources
Phone # 975-2-333867
Fax # 975-2-326731
Thongsel Lam, P.O.Box 1036
Motithang, Thimphu, Bhutan
Regional Employment & Labour Offices at;
Samdrup Jongkhar Tel: 07-251315
Phuentsholing Tel: 05-245657
Gelephu Tel: 06-252010
Trashigang Tel: 04-521208