“A nation where its citizens have the opportunity for gainful and quality employment”
Promote and facilitate gainful employment through the provision of effective employment and entrepreneurship support and services.
Mandate & Objectives:
- Ensure gainful employment opportunities through employment support and services;
- Spearhead, coordinate and facilitate employment creation through mechanisms such as the Employment Responsibility System (ERS);
- Foster and promote innovation, entrepreneurship, and self-employment opportunities;
- Enhance employability skills and placement of registered job seekers including persons with disabilities;
- Enhance employment advocacy & awareness;
- Provide career guidance services to job seekers;
- Enhance school-to-work transition programs;
- Enhance the collection and analysis of employment-related information through the integrated Management Information System (MIS);
- Initiate and undertake research on pertinent issues related to the labour market; and
- Create a conducive environment for sustainable employment in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Enable the development of competencies of professionals in the labour and employment field.
DoEE Organizational Structure